Monday, June 25, 2007

An Invitation to World Championships

Today I was invited to take part in World Campionships. The contest takes place on Friday. It´s Monday and I´m getting prepared. Mainly mental training at the keyboard. Special focus on persistence in achieving the goal set. This blog-writing programme devours text, labels it as a Draft and then keeps it to himself! I have real difficulties in understanding why the programme is so complicated! The only way to get this text published is to think that this mental strain is useful for gaining some bigger purposes as well. Maybe this is my only possibility to become a world champion. You know the classical once in a lifetime opportunity...

I wanted to add some physical exercise into my training programme to improve my oxygen intake. However, Uffe turned back home when we got on the other side of the street. Somehow he had got the idea that we would go by car. When realising that he should walk he changed his mind and lead me back home.

It is getting cold now. The morning was warm and beautiful. Knowing that the number of hot, sunny summer days is limited to sixteen, if I remember correctly, I decided to invite my mother for a coffee in the open-air market place. Opposite the café there was a stand of the Finnish Aquajogging Association. Aquajogging World Campionships take place in Ikaalinen 29.-30.6.2007. Further information http://vesijuoksu.fi/english.htm

The necessary equipment cost 30 euros. It is a kind of west you wear to be able to run in the water. I hope to have time to test it before Friday.

The programme reveals a kind of age discrimination. Or what do you think of the age groups - 3x50 metres relay, men, women and mixed teams, age + 150 years; 50 metres and marathon, age groups + 40, +50, +60, +70. As you see - exclusively for adults. Sorry young people! You can go to Doris and hit your heads against one another! - Or you can try to find team members with a suitable age to win world championship in relay.

As far as I know the most important matter in sports is to sleep sound, deep and long. This blog-writing programme devours time by side text. In fact I should be sleeping now. My friend Leena bought the aquajogging west as well. She is a madrugador. We made plans to go to practice in the morning. It´s full daylight from three o´clock on. I can put my mobile phone into voiceless, but if she comes to get me Uffe will start barking. I hear him sleeping already...

No comments: